Thematic series on Mobile Learning and Smart Learning
Smart Learning Environments welcomes submissions to the thematic series on Mobile Learning and Smart Learning.
This thematic series focuses on the development of mobile learning theory and practice as well as mobile technologies and solutions that promote smart learning by enabling formal and informal learning with mobile devices, both in the academic and workplace contexts. The focus of this thematic series is devoted to the role of mobile learning and educational mobile apps in developing smart learning environments.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Enabling mobile learning technologies
- Design and implementation of mobile smart learning environments
- Innovative mobile learning approaches
- Innovative applications of smart learning using mobile devices
- Educational mobile games and Apps
- Mobile learning analytics
- Tools, technologies and platforms for mobile learning
- Deployments of mobile learning apps and solutions
- Life-long and informal learning using mobile devices
- Evaluation and assessment of mobile learning
- Learning and assessment strategies for developing mobile smart learning applications
- Research methods, ethics and implementation of mobile learning
- Human Computer Interaction and Mobile Learning
- Assistive Learning Technologies and Mobile Devices
- Mobile and Context Aware Recommendation systems
- Cloud computing and mobile learning
- Adaptive learning using mobile devices
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the Intructions for Authors for Smart Learning Environments. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Smart Learning Environments submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate thematic series in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the thematic series on Mobile Learning and Smart Learning. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 31 January, 2016
Lead guest editor:
Mohamed Jemni, Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization, Tunisia
Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
Fan Lei, Capital Normal University, China
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in Smart Learning Environments - including articles published in this thematic series!